Thursday, December 14, 2017

Kristina Nguyen -- Final Blog

If I had the opportunity to start my project over, I would have firstly changed my approach of how I was going to do the project. Instead of doing something community based, I would have tried harder to think of a nation that could use a re-branding of (and I really tried to brainstorm of another nation where I could focus this re-branding theory to). Secondly, I would have made sure that everyone in my group was on the right page and that there was not a miscommunication among us with what each individual person had to do and that everyone should have put in the same amount of work. For things that I could have done more of, I could have researched a lot more and I feel that our group could have also been more on top of things with deciding what we were going to do. I felt that we changed our approach and idea many times in the beginning because none of us had an idea that met the requirement of nation re-branding, so we did what was easiest for us to understand and stuck with community-based re-branding instead. Regarding the actual project itself, if I had the opportunity to start the project over again, I would have put more time and effort into researching. Reading the requirements of the group portion due every Friday made me believe that all of our ideas are pure speculations. If I had known that we had to have at least 2 sources to support the prompt, I would have definitely researched more. That being said, even though my group project did not answer national re-branding, it is still a project with good intentions that focuses on trying to re-brand a group (Southeast Asian Americans) and make them more independent from the "Asian" group that includes all Asians and groups everyone as being Chinese or that we speak the same language.

No comments:

Post a Comment