Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Nancy Bui: Final Blog, Reflection

Answer this prompt: If you had the opportunity to do over your project, what would you have done different and/or more?


If given a time machine, I think I should've reached out to previous presenters and asked for feedback as I was still developing my app idea. In the early stages, our idea kept changing (which isn't bad) but it did delay and limit the possibility of how extensive our research could've been. I feel like talking to Vy or Shannon could've been very helpful in the development process (of just generating ideas). 

Another thing we could've improved on was the actual "re-branding" notion of the start up. Whilst our app did have good intentions, we should've narrowed down and focused on the current image of our chosen nation/population and worked around the realm of re-defining it. It seems as though we went backwards in our thinking process, where we came up with a startup and then found the problem. 

The last thing could've been working on the financial feasibility as denoted by James during our final presentation.  He denoted to research more on the actual possibility of our financial plan and execution. Considering that I did/do not have any type of background in Finances, I could've gone contacted an economics professor or meet with them in general about questions in reference to things like ROIs. Or I could've bought more text material to utilize as reference. This aspect would've been helpful to reach out to Dinh (the male presenter you brought in) in regards to execution plan to make this app become a tangible and feasible investment. From the mentor's involved at the Big Bang, I could've also emailed Karen Harding to see if any judges would've been interested in working as a consultant with us in the development of our financial execution plan.

I really enjoyed the different approach towards the material and the development of skills that aren't part of a usual lecture style class. Granted there were some curve balls such as the way Mr. Bui decided to cut out 10 min pitch to 50 secs, it really forced me to think on my feet and help develop my critical thinking. I was also very grateful to learn about the re-branding/history of different nations such as Vietnam, Korea, and China. 



No comments:

Post a Comment