Saturday, February 11, 2017

Week 6- Brett Monji

A country that has remade itself is Jamaica.  Jamaica has a history of enslavement and colonial rule by many different countries, this caused it to create a very diverse culture.  However, Jamaica is most famous for Rastafarianism.  This rebranding was unique because Jamaica is such a small country that one man, Bob Marley, was able to rebrand a country seemingly by himself.  Since he was such an influential musician, he was able to spread Rastafari despite opposition from the government over their spiritual use of cannabis.  To enhance its national aesthetics, Jamaica’s people should try to influence the government to enact their cultural expectations.
For funding for my startup, I would like Federal aid from the United States government as well as money from affected Japanese American’s families.  The information I would need to receive federal aid is a concrete plan for how to improve elderly Japanese American’s lives as well as information about where they live.  For funding provided by families, I would hopefully only need a couple success stories for people to realize the merits of my startup.  The potential itemized costs are mostly personnel and website upkeep.  My company would not need a centralized building as we would do outcalls.  I also believe that the most valuable capital that a company has is not its assets, but its people and I would like to contract only the best to be on my team.  I found the criticism of China’s nationalism to be intriguing.  I wonder why its considered negative for a peaceful country to have devoted citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment